We are descendants of primates who went about their limbs They went back and descended from the trees, marking our evolution. The Homo Sapiens presented a high intelligence that allowed him to adapt and survive in the world to this day.
What are they?
The Homo Sapiens is the current human species, which developed 200000 years ago years during the Upper Paleolith and has evolved to this day. The oldest Homo Sapiens discovered have been the remains Omo I, named Kibish’s men in Ethiopia, are about 195 000 years old.
In turn, the oldest evidence of a behaviour we might consider modern is 165000 years old and was discovered in South Africa at Pinnacle Point.
Features of the Homo Sapiens
Among the most basic characteristic of the Homo Sapiens we have:
- Cranial volume of between 1,500 and 1,600 cm3, high forehead, supraorbital arc deficiency, small teeth, pronounced chin and short jaw.
- Ability to associate ideas and the talk.
- Due to its highs He was able to overcome other varieties of Homo Sapiens in the region, including the Neanderthal.
- He left the Old World and He miried America and Oceania 55,000 years ago.
- They built tools – What are you doing?
- With them he started the development of religious beliefs.
We human beings have not evolved directly from the monkeys, the Homo Sapiens has as predecessors the Homo Antecessor, the Homo Ergaster, the Homo Habilis and much further back in the past, we will find the predecessor who had human and monkey characteristics, a creature who Scientists lived in Africa 5 to 11 million years ago known like the missing link.
This creature is believed to be the Nakalipithecus Nakayamai, which was discovered by Japanese archaeologists in Kenya. He is estimated to have a 10 million years old.
From this ancestor began the evolution in two different branches, one would become chimpanzees, gorillas and Bonobos we know (sylls) and one would give rise to the human being (homes).
The first biped hominid was the Australopithecus, it did not exceed the subway Twenty tall and weighed only 30kg. The first Australopithecus found in Ethiopia was called Lucy.
This being was followed by Homo Habilis, which, by the Grassland development, he had to stand up even more to see the danger. I know He thinks he could talk. His brain was bigger than his ancestor’s. He consumed fruit, vegetables and meat, he was a scathroner. His fossil remains were Found in Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania, next to the first – Tools.
There was also a hominid known as Homo Erectus or Pithecanthropus Erectus, was believed to be a direct representative of our species, but new studies have This is a type of austratopithecus. They developed and They populated vast regions of the planet, had a brain superior to Homo Enabled, they discovered the fire and made the first hand axe.
Then came the Homo Sapiens sapiens, with characteristics similar to Homo Sapiens, but a minor cranial capacity.
Among the social characteristics of Homo Sapiens we have:
- Great capacity for Organize into groups to hunt larger animals.
- Use of tools of polished stone and other techniques for making tools.
- They used the skins of the Hunted animals instead of vegetable fibres to make dresses. They developed sewing with improved bone needles.
- When they were still nomads built much more effective temporary shelters against predators and nature.
- They improved fire management and applied it to different aspects of his daily life.
- They improved art, especially painting and music.
- They started taming. animals like the dog.
- Language and Communication They were much clearer, transmitting generational information.
Homo Sapiens: Physical characteristics
The Homo Sapiens appeared late in the Palaeolithic and evolved along the Neolithic throughout Prehistory. With the arrival of the writing and the end of the Metal Age begins History. This. means that our species is about 200000 years old and that We have changes due to evolution.
Among the physical characteristics of Homo Sapiens has:
- The weight was around 60 to 70 Kg.
- Body hair is a lot less than the ancestors, only the hair necessary to protect remains Some parts of the body.
- The average height was 1.60 BC 1.70 meters, the men were taller than women.
- Vision improves on what reference the quality of the colours, the aim and the precision.
- Eyebrows are less And the eyes are more focused.
- They had a high craniraneal capacity, about 1600cm 33, this caused us to have one more forehead – Broad.
- Totally bipeds, hands are free for daily activities.
- A shorter jaw with Small teeth, the chin is more pronounced, V-shaped instead of U.
Homo Sapiens: Cultural features
They told with the ability to memorize, reason and understand things, so improved the activities carried out by their ancestors, the Homo Sapiens Sapiens, this led them to develop the agriculture and livestock.
They started polishing the stones instead of carve them and developed useful tools for agriculture.
The Homo Sapiens of the Neolithic began to establish himself permanently, passed. from being sedentary to nomads. They created villages and settlements in different parts of the planet. The best known were those in the East Medium, in the Indus River valley, in the area of Anatolia and Crete. Also They arrived in America and Oceania and settled on those continents.
With the arrival of sedentaryism, They built adobe houses and dried straw in the sun, then created ovens for get more resistant materials. They decorated the interior of their homes not Only with tools but with tapestries and carpets.
Due to the free time they enjoyed they began To develop art, they began to weave, to develop music and painting. His drawings became precise and geometrically correct. They developed ceramics by mixing different minerals and drying them in their furnaces, in addition, They started decorating it with paintings and drawings.